Quite a job to edit all the settings in this theme (Parabola) but it seems worth the time that I put into it. The developers could however consider looking at how DevDM Bootstrap 3 handles the translation files. It is always unnecessary to include HTML and such things in the string that is to be translated. The same goes for strings that are already translated in WordPress.
Now that I got this far and actually made a professional blog, I’d like to take the opportunity to invite any people that might find this kind of things interesting. Thus far I’ve just written a small column about myself, but I’ll be working on other content soon.